I am the worst at writing down my settings before I download and erase my pictures off my CF card. BUT, I can tell you I took this in my bedroom this afternoon with my blinds pulled to let in all the natural light. I watch her two days a week and her mom has asked me to snap a few pictures of her. I've been wanting to try for awhile now. I can tell you I switched between AV and P mode. I also played with my ISO, but I think I shot this at 400. I did very little editing. I (obviously) enhanced it to black and white and have found that I like to use Vivid Landscape when doing close-ups or people. It seems to smooth out skin tones and give it that brilliance. I then just uploaded to Picnik and added the Matte. Voila! Done! Glad you all like! Thanks for the compliments (although I'm started to think I'm the lone ranger on the picture taking... where's everyones pictures?!?).
if you view your picture on your computer (in the gallery) and then right click and click on properties it will tell you exactly what you shot at! i got that tipper from amy!
10 comments:
can you say PROFESSIONAL quality? GREAT JOB! i love it. where was it taken and what were your settings? PLEASE SHARE YOUR SECRETS!
Oh my heavens, that is a cute little girl. Good job on it, Sarah!!!
Great shot Sarah! What a sweet picture! I guess today went well then??? Seriously...you are so good!
That is such a darling shot. I love the soft and angelic glow.I wanna be as good as you one day!!!
I am the worst at writing down my settings before I download and erase my pictures off my CF card. BUT, I can tell you I took this in my bedroom this afternoon with my blinds pulled to let in all the natural light. I watch her two days a week and her mom has asked me to snap a few pictures of her. I've been wanting to try for awhile now. I can tell you I switched between AV and P mode. I also played with my ISO, but I think I shot this at 400. I did very little editing. I (obviously) enhanced it to black and white and have found that I like to use Vivid Landscape when doing close-ups or people. It seems to smooth out skin tones and give it that brilliance. I then just uploaded to Picnik and added the Matte. Voila! Done! Glad you all like! Thanks for the compliments (although I'm started to think I'm the lone ranger on the picture taking... where's everyones pictures?!?).
Beautiful baby and beautiful shot.
if you view your picture on your computer (in the gallery) and then right click and click on properties it will tell you exactly what you shot at! i got that tipper from amy!
Thanks, Niki! GREAT tip!!! Okay... here's the lowdown on this picture- 1/60th, F4.5, ISO400
Now that is a beautiful baby! I am bias, she's mine. Sarah, I totally need a print of this. Thanks for taking such good care of my little girl.
Beautiful...Beautiful.
Post a Comment